Stara 26.8.2010, 0:12   #565
dijego_
Starosedelac

Član od: 2.3.2008.
Zahvalnice: 189
Zahvaljeno 753 puta na 411 poruka
Slanje poruke preko MSN-a korisniku dijego_
Određen forumom Re: Šta ima novo

Kheops Studios se izgleda trenutno izgubio sa trendom casual "avantura". The Fall je izgleda nesto izmedju avanture i hidden object igre iako nisam igrao vec samo pogledao review.

A kad smo tu, voleo bih da podelim sa vama i mail od Himalaya Studiosa nakon sto sam im poslao par, pa recimo - nezgodnih reci kada sam saznao da su izdali i Al Emmo casual igru. Da napomenem da nemam nista protiv hidden object igara ali sam bio isprovociran time sto sam zapravo cekao nastavak u stilu prvog dela. Evo i sta kaze:

Hey,

Relax! We're still working on making Adventure Games, and Adventures will always be our main focus. In fact, we actually have an RPG/Adventure hybrid, very similar to Quest for Glory currently in development.

However, Adventure Games are, as I'm sure you're aware, VERY, VERY expensive and very time-consuming to develop. They also take an entire development team and do not generate nearly as much profit as other genres. The fact of the matter is that we needed a way to fund our adventure game project and to pay all the workers involved - and the Hidden Object game did that. From the money generated from this HOG, we can afford to pay 2 more workers on our adventure/RPG project. I know Hidden Object games aren't suited to everyone's tastes, but if you don't like them, nobody's forcing you to play it. Easy solution.

I must say, I find your reaction a little surprising because as a developer, we either make money from developing a hidden object game so that we can fund more adventure games... or we simply can't make any more adventure games. Personally, I am not a fan of Hidden Object games myself, but you have to understand that this is a means to an end. If that's enough to lose a customer, well, you know, there's not a lot I can do about that and that's your choice.

Though, I am curious what alternative you would suggest in regards to acquiring the funding required to develop more adventure games, if not from hidden object games/casual games? An ideal solution that keeps 100% of people happy 100% of the time would be great. But we don't live in an idealist world, unfortunately.

Chris

Ukratko, jedna nezavisna i manja firma poput Himalaya Studiosa je prinudjena na taktiku izdavanja manjih igara pristupacnijih "prosecnom" igracu da bi finansirala "vece" projekte, tj. klasicne avanturisticke igre. Ne znam da li je isti slucaj sa Kheopsom ali vidim da je jedino na vidiku drugi deo The Fall-a.

O korelaciji casual igara i avantura vec smo pricali par puta, a preporucujem opet i ovaj tekst - http://www.adventuregamers.com/blogitem.php?id=51 za zainteresovane koji dobro sagledava stvari. Ipak, Kheops je jedna od vecih firmi koja je imala sjajnu seriju igara sa vrlo dobrom produkcijom pa buni da su trenutno i tako olako bez najave klasicne avanture pored The Falla.

Poslednja ispravka: dijego_ (26.8.2010 u 20:36)
dijego_ je offline   Odgovor sa citatom ove poruke
Sledeći korisnik se zahvaljuje korisniku dijego_ na korisnoj poruci:
Shlaymara (26.8.2010)